Monday, September 11, 2017

I LOVE LA.


Hi everyone, long time no talk. It is already the fourth week of the semester, can you believe it? Time really does fly.


Over this past weekend I went to Los Angeles with my parents. We have season tickets for the LA Rams, so we had planned to go to LA on Sunday for the football game. But, Saturday morning my parents and I decided that we also wanted to go to a Dodger game that evening. So, we made an entire weekend of it in LA.


Large Storm Clouds over Mountains. 
Saturday after we booked a hotel and bought our tickets for the game, we started our venture around 1 p.m. Luckily, our car has bluetooth so the time passed by pretty quickly. I know a lot of people don’t like the traffic in LA, but personally I never really mind it. Especially because the destination is always worth it. Anyways, we arrived at Dodger Stadium, found our seats, and grabbed some nachos. The view at the stadium is so beautiful: large bright lights and a clear view of the mountains. On Saturday, there were huge clouds that were creeping up and over those mountains, which made for an even more beautiful sunset. When it got dark, those clouds became storm clouds. As we were watching the game, out the corner of our eyes we could see flashes of light. There was lighting over the mountains, and it was SO COOL. I was quickly distracted by the lightening that I stopped watching the game. Which we did in fact lose. After the game, we stopped by my favorite stop in LA, Cielito Lindo at the Placita Olvera, to grab some taquitos. Which wraps up day one.


Kurt Werner's Signature (Far Right)
Sunday we woke up early to head over to the Los Angeles Coliseum, where the Rams play. We like to go in early and head over the the tunnel where all the players come out. I’m usually pretty good about squeezing myself in between people to get signatures from athletes. It just so happened that they were honoring Ram Hall of Famers, and Kurt Werner was there greeting fans and taking selfies with them. I however did not get a selfie with him, but I did get his signature on my dad’s hat. Yea, my dad owes me one.


It was so hot at the game, especially because the Coliseum does not get much shade until the evening. It was nearly unbearable, but the Rams kicked the Colts butts pretty badly (46-9) which made it all worth it.

Despite the Dodgers losing and it being nearly 100°, it was a great weekend in Los Angeles. It’s really awesome that we can go to places like LA and do so much in just a short weekend because we live so closely to it. If you’re not crazy about the hustle and bustle of LA but still like to go sometimes, remember that you get to come home to a place like Santa Barbara.


My Mom and I taking selfies during the game. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Noel! You are amazing! Give me a call please! Love you!

    ReplyDelete