Friday, September 1, 2017

My Name is Rian, not Rain.

Hi everyone, & welcome to my first blog post! I am so excited to be starting this new adventure and getting to share it with you all!



First off, let's address the title of this blog. It is a very rare experience for my name to actually be pronounced correctly. Which is funny because it's actually a very common name, with some uncommon spelling. My name is Rian, pronounced like Ryan. One little letter really throws people off. I was so used to my name being mispronounced, that I eventually accepted it and wouldn't correct people anymore. But, when the time came to make a 6 word memoir about myself, for my English 110 class in high school, it only seemed fitting to base it off of the mispronunciation of my name. Because, it really is the story of my life. Thus, my mantra began which also became my senior quote.  



Besides the pronunciation of my name there is more to know about me. I am 18, I grew up and went to school here in Santa Barbara, I have my own Youtube channel (username ‘Rian Noel’ make sure to check it out) and now I’m currently enrolled as a Communication major. Hopefully, I will be able to transfer within two years to a 4 year college.
My Youtube Channel

But so far I am enjoying SBCC a lot so far. I have 3 classes on campus, which are only on Tuesdays and Thursdays and one online class (I don’t know how I got so lucky). I’m taking Math 117, Comm. 101, Comm 121, and Film Studies 101. WISH ME LUCK. The further I get into the school year I will definitely update you guys on how everything is going!


Goodbye Summer Sunsets :(
Even though I am bummed about the summer coming to an end, especially not being able to watch the summer sunsets every evening, I am very excited to begin a new chapter in my life. I was very nervous first starting a week ago, not sure if I was going to make new friends or be able to handle what college throws at me. But, I know SBCC has a lot to offer me, and I know eventually I will find my place by joining clubs and getting involved. I can’t wait to see all the exciting and interesting things that will come my way during my first semester! I can’t wait to share all my experiences with you guys!



Rian x

No comments:

Post a Comment