Sunday, October 15, 2017

My Day at the Harbor Festival

Hi everyone! I am back with more exciting weekend activities. This past Saturday my family and I went down to the Harbor and Seafood Festival. The Harbor Festival is an event that showcases the "Bounty of the Santa Barbara Channel." Not my words, the banners words. Basically this event aims to showcase that the harbor is an actual working harbor. Over a 100 fisherman land about 10 million pounds of seafood every year. Impressive. Besides all these fun facts, the Harbor Festival takes place at the actual harbor and there they showcase a bunch of vendors, informational booths, and fresh seafood!


At one booth they had fresh sea urchins, which are those spiky purple creatures. They were cracking  them open and scooping all the orange insides out of them for people to eat. Personally, it did not look appetizing in the slightest, but people were lining up to get their hands on one.
At another one of the booths, we grabbed some Aebelskivers. WHICH ARE SO GOOD. Pretty much they are pancake puffs, but they are topped with a raspberry jam and power sugar. I believe they are a Danish dessert, these particular ones were from a bakery/restaurant in Solvang. If you ever get a chance to go to Solvang you must get these!


We then walked around a bit and looked at all the vendors and shopped around. There was tons of people, I mean tons. So after we saw everything and ran into family friends, we decided to get something to eat. My mom and I don't eat sea food, so none of the booths and fresh seafood looked appetizing to us. So we went to the Breakwater Restaurant where I had some awesome chicken tenders and french fries.


As small as Santa Barbara is, they host/have some awesome little events. Always check out the newspapers and even ads on TV for more info about little events in Santa Barbara. I will definitely try and give you guys a heads up about upcoming events on and off of SBCC campus.
Talk to you guys soon
Rian x

No comments:

Post a Comment