Monday, October 9, 2017

My Weekend In LA: iPath Field Trip



Hi everyone, IM BACK. My classes and life got the best of me. But not to worry I am back, and will have weekly blogs up. Tomorrow I will also be posting another blog that I have been working on, because of the lack of blogs for the past couple weeks.

This weekend I went to Los Angeles to tour colleges with a program at SBCC, iPath. iPath is a program that is to help students with the transfer process. There are academic counselors just for iPath students, they host FREE field trips plus your food and hotel is even included, and in your iPath classrooms you get tutors for your specific class. To be in iPath you just have to be enrolled in their list of classes with a specific teacher, visit their page to check what classes are being offered next semester. They are a great resource!
On to the good stuff: my trip. We got to visit UCLA, LMU, and Pepperdine. We left early Saturday morning and headed to UCLA. It was open house, so there was about 8,000 people visiting and touring. IT WAS CRAZY! There was an opening ceremony where the band played and they taught us the famous 8-clap. Then for the rest of the day we were able to galavant and visit different informational meetings and tour the campus. We got to all the beautiful buildings, including the famous Royce Hall. After we went on a bus tour of LA, passing Beverly Hills, Bel Air, and even getting to see the Hollywood sign. We went to our hotel, with an amazing view, and got to have some "free time." A group of other students went to get some dinner and got to adventure the Westwood Village. After a long day and scorching 98° heat we all headed to bed for an early morning, so we could head to Loyola Marymount University (LMU).
At LMU we got an informational meeting about the school and an tour of the beautiful campus. I have already visited this campus, as it is my #1 choice for schools. Unfortunately I was not able to stay for long because my parents were picking me up from campus because we had to go to a Ram's game. Which we ended up losing, but that's okay because we got to hang out in LA before we headed home. This weekend was awesome!
Again, I definitely think you should check out iPath and all they have to offer. I'll talk to you guys tomorrow! Rian x

No comments:

Post a Comment